Ellsworth- On the evening of Tuesday, Jan. 15, the Downeast Salmon Federation fisheries biologist will be at the Ellsworth Public Library, where the conservation group and the Friends of Graham Lake will host a joint meeting to review the status … Continue reading
Check out our most recent newsletter! Fall_Winter 2018 Newsletter FINAL
Fox22 Bangor’s Shonna Narine caught up with DSF’s Zach, Rachel, and Meagan while they were stocking salmon parr in Beaverdam Stream in Wesley with students from Washington Academy and Wesley Elementary School. https://www.foxbangor.com/news/item/45315
Fly Tying Workshops
UNION RIVER PUBLIC MEETINGS
On Tuesday, January 15th at 6:00 PM at the Ellsworth Library (20 State St), DSF will conduct a public meeting in partnership with the Union Salmon Association and the Friends of Graham Lake which will inform the public on how they can stay involved in the re-licensing process of the Union River dam. The deadline for public comment on the recently released draft environmental assessment (DEA) by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) is January 20, 2019.
On Wednesday, January 16th, DSF's Fisheries Biologist, Brett Ciccotelli will be giving at talk at the Georges River chapter of Trout Unlimited meeting at Pat's Pizza in Ellsworth (396 High St). The talk, entitled "Restoring and Understanding Eastern Maine’s Native Fisheries", will begin at 7:00 PM and is open to the public.
Join the Downeast Salmon Federation on a Wolf Moon Adventure to the Boar's Nest Camp. Meeting at the parking area at Sprague's Falls in Cherryfield at 6 pm on January 19, 2019, we will ski, snowshoe or hike (according to conditions) to our most remote camp-- the Boar's Nest. There we will warm up with hot drinks and a snack before returning through the silent and bright winter woods. Please dress for the intense conditions of a January night in the forest and remember to pack a headlamp!
Contact DSF Land Trust Director, Tanya Rucosky for more information at email@example.com.
Fly Tying Workshops -
Winter 2019 Dates Added!
DSF has partnered with Maine Outdoor School to offer several fly tying workshops. Come and join these fun and interactive workshops. Every participant will leave with their own hand-tied fly!
- Thursday, January 10, 2019 - Jesup Memorial Library, 34 Mt. Desert Street, Bar Harbor. 6:00 PM -7:30 PM
- Monday, January 14, 2019 – Airline Brewing Company – Ellsworth, 173 Main Street, Ellsworth. 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Thursday, January 24, 2019 - Fogtown Brewing Company, 25 Pine Street, Ellsworth. 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Sunday, January 27, 2019 – Airline Brewing Company – Amherst, 22 Mill Lane, Amherst. 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Wednesday, February 6, 2019 - Women's Health Resource Library, 24 School Street, Milbridge. 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Monday, February 11, 2019 - The Pickled Wrinkle, 9 E Schoodic Drive, Birch Harbor. 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
These workshops are made possible by the generous support from the Belvedere Traditional Handcrafts Fund through Maine Community Foundation.