The Downeast Salmon Federation, based in Columbia Falls, Maine, is seeking a Membership, Communications, and Development Assistant..
For thirty-five years, DSF has been working to restore the Atlantic salmon and other sea-run fish to the rivers and streams of eastern Maine. As associate director, you will be on the frontlines of a growing campaign to restore ecosystems that have been destroyed or damaged by centuries of industrial use. You will watch fish return to rivers that have been empty of them since dams were built blocking them from the sea. You will be part of the campaign to bring the fish back.
It’s an exciting job in a beautiful part of the world.
The Membership, Communications, and Development Assistant supports the overall administrative, membership, communication, and development needs of the organization. This position is essential to the smooth and productive functioning of the office and DSF’s projects.
The position’s duties include management of the membership system, management of DSF’s website content, the events calendar, social media and email communications, and production of the semi-annual newsletter. The position supports the Executive Director, Associate Director, the Membership & Development Committee, the Board of Directors, and the Office Manager. In addition, the individual will work with the Office Manager regarding administration, state and federal compliance requirements, policy and procedure documentation, DSF education and outreach (event support, displays, visitor tours, etc.), camp reservations, various information technology needs, and special projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Member of administrative/financial team composed of the Executive Director, Associate Director, office manager, bookkeeper and Membership & Development Committee
- Supports the office manager with regard to administration, special projects, and events
- Manages the membership, volunteer, and donor database, including data entry, event and member tracking, member communication, and report production
- Produces semi-annual newsletter
- Provides fundraising and event support including research, reports, mailings, events, and organizing
- Maintains website
- Manages state charitable solicitation licensing applications and renewals
- Maintains organizational policies, procedures, and related recordkeeping
- Supports coordination and guest support for DSF camps
- Organizes East Machias office, visitor displays, printed materials, library, maps, and press
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Skilled in Adobe InDesign and graphic design
- Experience with databases
- Familiar with WordPress and website management
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Works well in a team
- Able to work productively with staff, volunteers, and the board
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize their work independently
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an administrative assistant
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Full time, with competitive salary and benefits based on experience and qualifications.
LOCATION: Washington County, ME. We have two offices, one located in Columbia Falls and the other in East Machias.
START DATE: ASAP.
TO APPLY: Submit resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION CLOSE DATE: Open until position is filled. Only those candidates we interview will be notified.